Wednesday, November 02, 2005

First Ascent

Dad recently sent me this old picture that I don't remember seeing before. That's me and him and Ben, our wonderful labrador, at the top of Mt. Holdsworth in the Wairarapa, May 1987. Dad's got ahold of Ben because he was spooked by explosives being used in the installation of a repeater station nearby.

That was my first ascent of anything bigger than a good sized tree. I daren't say I imagined then that I would be in Alaska 18 years later. I wonder where I'll be in 18 more years? And if on seeing pictures from now I will also wonder if I really looked like that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you even wearing shorts? At least Bobby B and Ben are stylin' it! I recommend adding the hotpants from your Italy climbing photo.

Anonymous said...

But where's the pic of Solway Supreme eating Margie M's cat??

Anonymous said...

Good idea to keep your hood up so to keep the bowl fringe out of view and out of your eyes.

Anonymous said...

I think Ben ate them both.