Saturday, October 29, 2005

Fly my pretties

Just before I left Lisa got me the Fly my pretties CD recorded live at Bats theatre in Wellington. Fronted by Barnaby Weir from the Black Seeds, Fly My Pretties is a mixture of Wellington musicians with some chilled-out really beautiful songs from Barnaby and guests. And some more rollicking ones too. Barnaby Weir writes some absolutely awesomely great songs, and I like his lyrics because they tend to be about real-life happenings and people. Genuine, often touching and frequently pretty uplifting and thankful.

Funnily enough, this album has songs on family, love, giving thanks to friends, and leaving Wellington for overseas. Many are striking a chord right now.

Daylight savings up here tomorrow, but we're losing 6 minutes of daylight a day at the moment so it won't be long until the hour of light we gain in the morning is lost again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Belly - now *that's* guitar.